Job title: US Govt. and Economics Teacher (Grade: 9-12) Base Calendar
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Job description: to see campuses calendars for the 2022-2023 school year.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experience designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Assist and support building principal to ensure on-site administration and execution of the district’s educational programs, policies, and regulations and quality instruction for all students in a safe and healthy environment.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district’s instruction curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior.
- Establish a system of student evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students’ progress and report to parents as needed and required.
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes.
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize available time for instruction.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Be available for counseling with students and parents before and after school.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the community through such activities as open house and PTA meetings.
- Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable).
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district’s uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment.
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by the school and district.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Thu, 26 May 2022 23:07:56 GMT