Job title: Tier II NOC Engineer
Company: CACI International
Job description: Tier II NOC Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
What You’ll Get To Do:
CACI is seeking an experienced Tier II NOC Engineer to support a 24x7x365 enterprise operations center. The Tier II NOC Engineer will be responsible for monitoring network dashboards, analyzing problems, troubleshooting escalated incidents, coordinating and reporting all operational information concerning the enterprise network infrastructure. The successful applicant will serve as an on duty and on call technical resource to resolves complex issues and to support staff. The Tier II engineer will work one of various shifts/This Shift is 4PM-Midnight but require the candidate to be on the on-call engineer on week nights and weekends once every 45 days.
**Candidates must be flexible and able to be on-call when scheduled
**Candidates must be open-minded to possible Panama Plus schedule 6am–6pm, 12 weeks; 8am–5pm, 3weeks, and 6pm–6am, 12 weeks)
More About the Role:
- Provide subject matter expertise for LAN, WAN, firewalls, and other network technologies
- Train junior NOC technicians via knowledge transfer and creation of knowledge articles
- Investigate and diagnose incidents to restore failed network services as quickly as possible
- Lead root cause analysis and suggest resolutions for network infrastructure problems
- Installation and support for remote access platforms such as VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Assess and implement Change Requests as needed in accordance with the Change Management process
- Escalate unresolved incidents to higher Tier support or internet service providers to coordinate restoration of service and obtain the necessary information for recording/tracking the outage or degradation of service.
- Keep component NOCs informed about their incident’s status at agreed intervals and continuously update incidents as needed.
- Notify Govt Leads and other stakeholders of high impact/priority failures using the appropriate escalation procedures.
- Shift is 4PM – midnight but require the candidate to be the on-call engineer on week nights and weekends once every 45 days
You’ll Bring the Following Qualifications:
- Able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of relevant experience including routing/switching experience
- Previous experience supporting Palo Alto firewalls (configuring, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Previous experience supporting Zscaler (configuring, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Previous experience supporting BlueCoat proxies (configuring, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Previous experience using ServiceNow or similar ticketing systems
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
- ITIL Foundations
What We Can Offer You:
– We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
– Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
– We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
– We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
– For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:02:17 GMT