Job title: Staff Systems Engineer
Job description: Recruiter
ENSCO is seeking a systems engineer to join our Precision Navigation and Timing (PNT) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The PNT SE&I Team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support, and subject matter expertise to the PNT Program Office and other PNT customers. The team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members also supply an enterprise perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the US Space Force Space Systems Command’s (SSC) PNT organization.
Major duties of the position include:
- Supporting customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Ensuring effective requirements integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Maintaining the technical baseline, including identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement traceability to sell-off verification and test events.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the PNT Enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience working with Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space systems (especially at SSC), GPS, and ground and space system acquisition.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of Govt. decision makers. Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force.
Drug Screen Type
Security Clearance Level
Background Check Type
Export Control and Licensing
- 14+ years’ experience as a systems engineer or other technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in technical discipline or MBA.
- TS/SCI is highly desirable.
- IBM DOORS experience.
- GPS experience highly desirable.
Contract Award Contingency
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- 7+ years’ experience as a systems engineer or other technical discipline
- Understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment. Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings. Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
ENSCO has been delivering engineering, science, and advance technology solutions to complex priority programs since 1969. ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security, rail, and cyber sectors. ENSCO is a small business with 673 employees strong where our Aerospace Engineering Group (AEG) makes up 48% of the company. AEG headquarters are located in Cocoa Beach, FL., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, CO., El Segundo, CA., Orcutt, CA., and Endicott, NY. AEG’s primary focus is aerospace engineering, cyber security, avionics, and meteorological systems for government and commercial clients.
ENSCO is a family-owned award-winning culture where our model is “we take care of our employees who take care of our customers.” This is a simple but effective strategy that has brought us impressive results over the last 53 years. ENSCO has received many awards such as the 2021 Top Workplace and 2021 Workplaces Technology Awards, which attest to the high standard our employees rate ENSCO during surveys. ENSCO also has a diverse portfolio of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, training and professional development resources, remote work options, strong work/life balance and tuition assistance. At ENSCO, you can build your career no matter the stage of your career- college student, new graduate, experienced professional or transitioning military. ENSCO was awarded the Military Friendly Employer of 2022, US Department of Labor Hire Vets 2021 Gold Award and Diversity Jobs Top Employer in 2021.
ENSCO engineers bring innovative solutions to complex problems, keeping our nation and its citizens safe. ENSCO has earned the trust of the United States Armed Forces by focusing on areas of national priority, and we salute their sacrifices. We take pride in retaining those highly trained veterans of our highly skilled diversified team.
The ENSCO Corporate Office is located in Springfield, VA.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
- Annual education tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with 2.5% dollar-for-dollar company match in first year of employment, and up to 6% company match thereafter
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
- Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
- Paid Time Off
- 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
- Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
- Computer purchase discount
- Recognition and reward programs
- Patent awards
- Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
- Recruitment awards
- Length of service awards
- Community service recognition
99,030.00 – 138,514.00
ENSCO safety protocols include complying with all local, state and federal requirements, as well as customer requirements, to limit the spread of COVID-19, which may include the use of face coverings, social distancing and requirements for employees to be vaccinated. ENSCO employees who work onsite in Federal buildings and facilities must follow Federal agency workplace safety protocols and meet any applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements when working onsite. By accepting an offer, you acknowledge that your continued employment is conditioned upon your compliance with ENSCO’s health and safety protocols for your position, and those health and safety protocols are subject to change based on developments in legal and customer requirements applicable to your position at ENSCO and the changing public health situation.
Expected salary: $99030 – 138514 per year
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:31:36 GMT