Job title: Software Principal Engineer – Remote USA
Job description: Principal Engineer Product Technologist
ISG-CEE (Customer experience Engineering) team is looking for a hands-on, passionate, results-oriented, inventive engineer. Candidates should understand software development, have excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, have excellent presentation and communication skills, and be able to develop and write procedures that can be used by other Dell groups to demonstrate ISG products effectively.
The Customer Experience Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Engineer Product Technologist on our ECS (Elastic Cloud Storage)/SDP (Streaming Data Platform)/ObjectScale Customer Experience Engineering team in Remote USA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Engineer Product Technologist, you will join a high-performing team to build cutting-edge object storage products and solutions that will transform people’s daily lives. You will work with core development, product management, support, pre-sales teams to deliver top solutions for real-world requirements on Elastic Cloud Storage, SDP and ObjectScale Products.
- Develop in-depth procedures for customer demonstrations and proof of concepts.
- Support Pre-Sales and Professional Service teams by providing knowledge transfer and shadowing sessions.
- Be the go to subject matter expert. Become the bridge between the Sales and Product Development teams.
- Coordinate with component owners and delivery teams to resolve real-world issues.
- Design and build configurable and scalable tools to support software troubleshooting
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 10+ years of experience, Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent areas.
- Deep Knowledge in Linux/Unix Operating System (Networking, Log processing, Processes, Memory, Storage etc)
- Hands-on experience working on Linux based distributed system, Object/Cloud Storage, S3 API, REST APIs. Expert in Kubernetes and containerization.
- Familiarity with Disk and networking tools like IOtop, iostat, ping, tracert, tcpdump etc
- Familiarity with security concepts, certificates/key management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understanding of distributed systems and large-scale software architectures.. Expert knowledge of at least one modern scripting language: shell, python, etc
- Experience in working with large distributed systems, file system, storage system is a big plus.
- Knowledge of data analytics, container technology – Kubernetes and Docker
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy .
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 03:02:11 GMT