Job title: Senior Sales Account Manager USA
Job description: About Signal Ocean: Signal Ocean is the technology arm of the Signal Group, a diversified shipping services group with offices in London and Athens. Our main product, The Signal Ocean Platform, allows ship charterers, brokers and owners to securely process, combine and analyse complex arrays of private and public shipping data. Powered by sophisticated machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies, the platform delivers customized, exclusive insights that help our clients achieve performance and efficiency.
About the role: We are looking for a Senior Business-to-Business (B2B) Sales or Account executive with a strong track record in the Maritime domain to join our team in the USA. This role offers the opportunity to develop ownership and excel in a broad range of commercial responsibilities and the opportunity to partner with some of the world’s biggest and highest-performing players in the bulk-shipping and commodities verticals.
What you will do in this role:
- Perform market research, mapping and sizing for the US market focusing on APIs / Data
- Scout and develop new business leads across the client, channel or partner spectrum
- Set, track and achieve/exceed sales, adoption and engagement targets, aligned with company objectives, over 4-monthly periods.
- Accelerate customer adoption and success through support, education and engagement.
- Be the trusted partner and the single point of contact for accounts and coordinate the activities that help them achieve and experience long-term success with Signal’s value propositions
- Contribute to the creation and leveraging of marketing assets
- Capture client feedback and transfer/explain it to the product team
- Monitor and analyze sales, adoption and engagement metrics
- Follow-up and report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Suggest actions to improve sales and engagement performance and identify opportunities for growth
What you bring to the team:
- Network in and understanding of the maritime industry; direct experience in chartering from any market perspective, e.g. broker, charterer or ship owner is a very strong asset
- 2+ years of demonstrable track record in a Business-to-Business (B2B) Sales or Account executive capacity; Having successfully sold technology to the shipping and/or commodities trading verticals is an asset
- Experience in one or more of the world’s major commodities trading areas, such as oil, clean petroleum products, gas, iron ore, grains, agro, minerals, etc. A strong network in the APAC commodities trading region will also add a lot of value
- Hands on experience in client engagement and an ability to deliver high-touch VIP customer service
- Knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Salesforce or similar)
- Knowledge in the selling of a variety of interfaces, such as web, mobile, data and APIs, including strong technical sales skills (e.g. basic self-sufficiency in Python SDKs)
- Experience in sales and engagement performance metrics and how to act on them
- Excellent communication, negotiation and closing skills
- High, positive energy and an ability to orchestrate and sustain a rich cadence of client activities, such as on-site demos, visits, training sessions, webinars, etc.
- Analytical skills and ability to work hands-on with data is a strong asset
- Willingness to travel across APAC and to Europe (London and Athens mostly)
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with additional performance incentives.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced people with deep knowledge in software engineering, data science & shipping business who are always eager to mentor.
- 2-4 weeks of onboarding training to prepare you for your new role, having the opportunity to meet about 30 trainers/leaders while diving deep into our products and/or the shipping world.
- Career growth opportunities and a structured development discussion every 4 months.
- Individual learning budget for training, seminars, conferences (750 to 2000 EUR annually depending on seniority) and unlimited free access to all Udemy courses.
- Regular team bonding events and activities.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At Signal, we believe that diversity of opinions, approaches and viewpoints is key to our innovation and success and we encourage that with our hiring, development and rewards practices. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics by law and take actions to eliminate those from our workplace.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:58:22 GMT