Job title: Senior Procurement Manager, Offshore USA
Job description: RWE Renewables Americas LLC
To start on or To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
As a Procurement, you will support one or several of our offshore projects during the development and/or construction phase, and optimise our supply chain measures through the project lifecycle.
This role will be based in Boston/USA
- Support our US offshore projects and conduct negotiations in multi-disciplinary and international teams
- Manage and support the local content requirements
- Engage with the local supply chain and build up a relationship with local suppliers
- Manage the negotiation of high value, complex contracts and realize these contracts during the construction and installation phase
- Responsible for the interfacing of supporting functions and projects to compile and draft all RFI/RFQ/ITT documentation for issuance to the market for allocated requirements, as well as contract award recommendations
- Manage deviations, draw up the associated documents and monitor costs
- Development and implementation of procurement and negotiation strategies
- Optimization of purchasing processes, methods and tools for the improvement of internal and external procedures
- Ability to evaluate RFQ/ITT responses on a Total Cost of Ownership basis to ensure selection of the most appropriate suppliers.
- Leading commercial and legal negotiations with support from the inhouse legal team.
- Continuing to keep up to speed with market changes and challenges to feed in to corporate wide strategies.
- Experience in handling power plant construction projects or very large industry or infrastructure projects
- Good knowledge about the US supply base for large construction projects
- Extensive experience in identifying and assessing commercial contract risks and in developing risk prevention or control strategies
- Proven knowledge in complex CAPEX negotiations
- Ability to manage several sets of agreements and stakeholders as well as to manage and lead multi-disciplinary and international teams
- Intercultural understanding and experience in working with people from various cultures
- Very good communication skills in English, both orally and written
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 47042,
Any questions? Jaime Prechtel,
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:03:16 GMT