Job title: Mechanical Engineering/CAD Designer
Company: Astro Machine Works Inc
Job description: Description:
Astro Machine Works is a growing 100% Employee Owned Company located in Lancaster County, PA. Founded in 1984, we are a comprehensive machining and fabrication facility specializing in custom machine building, machined parts and fabrication.
Why Choose Astro?
Flexible Work Schedules
Excellent Total Compensation Package including Stock Ownership
Training and Development Opportunities
Meaningful work in a variety of industries including Energy, Pharmaceutical, Military/Govt, Food Processing, Etc.
The Mechanical Engineering CAD Designer designs/engineers parts, components, assemblies, and complete machines according to the requirements provided by customer. Astro Machine Works’ Engineering Support Team strives to assist customers in achieving their design goals in the following types of projects: reverse engineering and designing to specifications. The team’s aim is to create accurate, thorough, and detailed models and drawings in the latest versions of SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Accuracy is critical to effectively relay ideas and concepts to Astro’s customers and those manufacturing the parts Astro Machine Works’ CAD team designs.
- Translate the customer’s information, ideas and drawings into quotations, concept designs, layouts, final working components, assemblies, and machines.
- Reverse engineer customer provided parts to create detailed, accurate manufacture drawings.
- Sketching out rough layouts and ideas to help develop concepts for customers.
- Use computer aided design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs and compute angles, weights, surface area, dimensions, clearances, tolerances, forces, etc.
- Provide production support to the machining and assembly areas as needed.
- Assisting Project Manager and Sales/Quoting departments with files, drawings, models.
- Reviews and monitors designed product for compliance with good practice engineering principals, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Evaluates, checks, and approves design changes, specifications, and drawings.
- Working directly with customers and vendors to meet project deadlines.
- Maintaining SolidWorks PDM/Vault document control integrity.
- Coordinates machine installations and integration at customer’s facilities.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, geometry, trigonometry. Also, able to apply concepts such as proportions, percentages, ratios, fractions, etc. to practical situations.
- Proficient with tolerancing concepts and good practices for technical drawings.
- Some travel may be required Requirements:
– Ability to problem solve
– Good technical writing and communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Independent and self-starter
– Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and projects at once and adhere to deadlines
– Good people skills for working with both internal and external customers
– Well organized
– Open to feedback
– Strong mechanical aptitude for both hands on and the ability to conceptualize parts/assemblies in 3D space
– Comfortable using calipers, micrometers, depth mics, etc.
– Understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, and gearing
– Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
-Associates or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Drafting, CAD or a similar field of study
-5+ years of relevant experience in mechanical CAD drafting and machine design
-Proficiency in SolidWorks
-Experience with SolidWorks PDM/Vault a plus
Astro Machine Works is a 100% employee- owned company that values employees for their dedication, teamwork and attention to detail. We believe in the value of our work and we share information about company performance with our employees on a regular basis.
Group Health, Dental, Vision
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Profit Sharing Bonus
Health Spending Account
Paid Time Off and Holiday
Paid Group Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Schedules
Clean, modern manufacturing facility
Location: Lancaster, PA
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 07:44:41 GMT