Job title: MEAT CUTTER – 12054 Nevada City Hwy, Grass Valley, CA 95945 USA
Company: Save Mart Supermarkets
Job description: About Us:
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
MEAT CUTTER – 12054 Nevada City Hwy, Grass Valley, CA 95945 USA
The Meat Cutter ensures that our customers’ needs are met and exceeded by delivering remarkable customer service and providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. The Meat Cutter is responsible for creating an appealing presentation of the variety and selection of meat, poultry, and seafood products by following the ordering, cutting, grinding, slicing, processing, wrapping, product rotation, and merchandising standards. In addition, the Meat Cutter supports the Meat department by practicing safe food handling procedures and keeping the Meat Department area and equipment clean at all times. The individual performs general meat selection, cutting, wrapping, and display maintenance. This position cuts and trims meat to size for display or as ordered by customer, using hand tools and power equipment, such as grinder, cubing machine, and power saw.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Locate appropriate meat portions in the walk-in freezer/refrigerator, remove the individual pieces from their positions, place them on a 4 or 6 wheel cart, and push the cart to the cutting room
· Use knives and occasional band saw to prepare specific cuts of meat from larger portions
· Set machine for proper pricing and labeling of the meat to be wrapped
· Arrange packages on display and remove any out of date or damaged packages from display
· Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment. Wash, wipe, and clean tools, equipment, and counters. Sweep and/ or hose floor surfaces
· Operate and electric tow motor to move pallets from the receiving area to storage areas
· Instruct, supervise and direct Apprentice Meat Cutters as required
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions
· Ability to perform simple and repetitive tasks
· Ability to maintain work lace appropriate to a given work load
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) (Or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Experience: Prior Meat Department experience to include cutting of meat
Other: Available to work a variety of required retail hours; must be able to operate equipment used in the department (grinder, pallet jacks, saws, scales, register, etc.)
Physical: Store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects; requires lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Customer Focus
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Location: Nevada – Grass Valley, CA
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 06:05:29 GMT