Job title: Market Risk Coverage Sr Officer – Fixed Income Financing, Associate
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: IB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group working in partnership with the Trading Business and many business lines to ensure that risk positions are adequately identified, measured and controlled. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks, but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain. Market risk management seeks to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance, and make the Firm’s market risk profile transparent to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators. Market risk coverage has regular dialogue with many of our business partners throughout the IB, including the Front office with discussions on risk appetite, limits, and individual large and complex transaction details.
The role is based in New York and will be part of a team covering the global Fixed Income Financing business which includes the Emerging Markets External Debt trading desk.
- Support the agenda for Fixed Income Financing Risk coverage globally, with a special emphasis on the businesses based in NA and Latin American Emerging Markets, and manage day-to-day relationships with trading management globally.
- Provide technical expertise and market insight into core fixed income financing and related derivative products:
+ Repurchase agreements on all Fixed Income products (Govt, Corp, mortgage bonds, etc.)
+ Interest Rate Swaps, futures market, basis risks.
- Identify core risks within the business, speak to these risks and ensure that they are transparent and regularly reported.
- Ability to discuss key positions with management and traders to better understand underlying strategies, position concentrations and market impact
- Provide daily/weekly summary of top risks & other ad-hoc scenarios to management highlighting position trends and limit utilisation
- Closely follow financing and interest rate markets and provide management with deep dive / scenario analyses ahead of key market events
- Facilitate reports for weekly management risk meetings and provide commentary for weekly global and IB cross asset risk calls
- Interact extensively with QR, technology, middle office and reporting teams to ensure accurate risk capture. Due diligence and attention to detail is critical.
- Conduct ad hoc risk analysis; develop improvements in risk reporting and Stress analysis tools.
- Monitor risk exposures, understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks.
- Monitor statistical and non-statistical risk measures to determine changes in risk profiles
- Track record of dealing with Front Office and coordinating with other control groups
- Ability to work independently and drive business initiatives.
- Excellent working knowledge of interest rates & futures markets with a strong derivatives grounding
- Good understanding of the macroeconomic landscape and drivers of US Fixed Income markets
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and consistently demonstrate sound judgment
- 2-3 years work with flow or fixed income financing products preferable
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrate fluency in IR models
- Good project management skills
- Basic understanding of Business and Regulatory Accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of Securitized Products and/or Structured Products a plus
- Strong excel skills required; working knowledge of Python or Tableau programming a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: New York
Job date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:06:30 GMT