Job title: Manager, Govt Contract Ops
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Job description: Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Under the direction of Government Contracts and Subcontracts (GC&S) leadership, the Manager of Government Contract Operations is responsible for the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts (including closeouts), subcontracts and proposals. Responsible for creating, maintaining, reviewing and approving contractual/proposal documents for adherence to government specifications and company policy. In addition, the Manager will be heavily involved in process and procedure development as well as compliance.
II: Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the entire contract life cycle; including proposals, awards, change orders modifications, closeouts, etc. for moderately complex contract(s);
- With the oversight of GC&S leadership, assists in new business initiatives to include but not limited to; reviewing solicitations and individually lead/manage the preparation of cost/business proposal volumes compliant with federal government solicitations;
- In consult with GC&S leadership, research and interpret government regulations as they apply to contracts and advise program management staff and other company personnel of contractual rights, responsibilities, and obligations;
- Keep GC&S leadership advised of all issues and recommended mitigation strategies;
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in written and verbal settings, highly complex topics and training information;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers, maintaining a high level of professionalism in all interactions;
- Ensure accuracy on all documentation/information provided to internal and external customers;
- Serves as the internal primary point of contact for contractual issues, disputes, and resolutions for project specific internal company stakeholders (Government Contracts & Subcontracts leadership, program management, legal team, finance team, etc.
- Maintains compliant contract files and trackers/databases, including correspondence, research, price/cost analysis, award memorandums, modifications, changes in personnel, change proposals, etc.;
- Drafts contracts and recommends contract terms which minimize risk and maximizes profitability;
- Supports the proposal process from both a contracts and subcontracts perspective.
- Collaborates in the maintenance and generation of policies & procedures and resulting templates.
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with the Customer on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for contract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with major subcontractors on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for new subcontracts, to include issuance and internal evaluation of RFX and debriefing of offerors, and subcontract modifications;
- Analyzing and interpreting contract requirements, including all terms and conditions,
- FAR/HHSAR/DFARS, applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies to ensure compliance and initiate corrective action as required;
- Supports ad hoc data calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III: Minimum Education, Experience & Skills
- Business-related Bachelor’s degree, Masters Preferred (e.g. Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, etc.)
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with dedicated work under U.S. Government Contracts/FAR based
- One (1)+ years of experience with Commercial Contracting is preferred
- Strong knowledge of standard contracting processes
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills, and strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (preferred)
- Contractor Audit readiness experience (preferred)
- Experience with subcontractor file compliance (preferred)
- Experience with maintenance of compliant processes and procedures (preferred)
- Experience with proposal creation, support and submission (preferred)
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our .
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Protecting and Enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity to experience the fullness of life.
Our drive towards this vision informs all of our actions—whether it is our approach to product development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and wellness or giving back to the community—we strive every day to achieve this shared goal.
WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support each other.
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer them together.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 07:05:36 GMT