Job title: Intern Homer, Georgia, USA
Job description: About Orica
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role – Internship Summer 2022 Homer, Georgia, USA
Orica is looking for a qualified person to join the US Technical Services Team in the Athens Georgia area. In this role, you will get to work with the latest technology in Drill/Blast design and modeling (Drones, GPS Rovers, Boretrack Units, 3D Modelling Software, Timing Software, Electronic Blasting Systems, etc…)!
Seeking interns in the process of obtaining a degree in Mining Engineer, Mech. Engineer, Civil Engineer, and/or Agricultural studies
Internship Targeted Goals
- Work to understand our business, across all key positions and levels of the organization. To include but not limited to:
- Safety, Health, Environment and Security requirements
- Mobile Mixing Unit Operation
- Tech Services Engineering
- Inventory/Explosives Magazine Keeping
- Site Operations / Management
- Engage in key company training programs (online and in person).
- Fulfillment of key site metrics associated with SHES, MSHA, OSHA, ATF, DOT etc.
- Active engagement and proactive participation in mentoring opportunities.
- Individual contributor
- Will work outside in all weather conditions, lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Active participation in teams
Internship Targeted Outcomes
- Safely fly a drone under the supervision of the Drone licensed TS Engineer (as per regulations).
- Be knowledgeable of the boretracking process (measure blasthole deviation)
- Have a good understanding of the rationale for blasthole drill patter design
- Understand the basics of timing
- Be able to use Drone technology and software to analyze fragmentation of blasts
- Knowledge of Orica products
This is a field-based internship role. You will learn the Orica business from a frontline position forward. This will be a role with anticipated year-to-year follow through with increasing responsibility.
This year’s Internship concludes Sept 30, 2022
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Role dependent – add formal / tertiary qualifications if required
Role specific technical / legistlative / SHES certification may be required
How you shape and influence others
- Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-aware and open to feedback
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Productive without compromising quality
- Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: Homer, GA
Job date: Sun, 29 May 2022 06:57:43 GMT