Job title: Govt Progs Comp Cons
Company: Health Care Service Corporation
Job description: Job Purpose:
This position is responsible for supporting evaluation of Government Programs (Medicare and Medicaid) regulations, guidance and contracts, assessing the risk that those items present with respect to HCSC government contracts; supporting the Compliance Department oversight of the business’ operational compliance with the requirements through multiple mechanisms such as review of reports, attendance at operational meetings, and targeted monitoring of areas of concern; assisting in identification of risks and issues of noncompliance, development of strategies to mitigate and remediation of those risks and issues and work with Compliance and business personnel, all levels of HCSC management and governmental agencies in order to implement controls and processes and report on results.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in health plan, regulatory compliance or risk management OR 6 years’ experience in health plan, regulatory compliance or risk management
- Ability to communicate with and build relationships with internal business units and/or various external government agencies.
- Critical thinking, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Government Programs Healthcare Compliance experience. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Medicaid contracts and regulations, Medicare Advantage, Part D or other regulatory experience.
- Master’s Degree.
- Government programs operational experience
**We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don’t think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway – you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.
**Please note that this role is a flex or hybrid position where you work some days in the office and some from home.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Government Programs
Job Type Full-Time Regular
Location IL – Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 23:19:40 GMT