Job title: Finance Director USA
Job description: Bekaert ( ) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with more than 27 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in combined revenue in 2020.
Be part of something bigger!
Bekaert is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. Bekaert pursues to be the preferred supplier for steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. We are a global company with more than 27,000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium, and € 5 billion in combined revenue.
Bridon-Bekaert (BBRG), a division of Bekaert, is a multi-million company designing, manufacturing steel and fiber ropes for diverse lifting applications; oil and gas, surface and underground mining, overhead lifting, ports, steel mills, and fishing. We manufacture and promote high-performing products through multiple channels to market, OEMs, distribution and direct end-users.
About the role
The Finance Director USA will be responsible for all financial management and accounting activities across BBRG USA.The successful candidate will be an integral part of the US senior management team, identifying opportunities and risks and helping formulate the region’s plans to deliver the strategy & business objectives to analyze costs of materials, processes, and labor to determine methods of reducing production costs. This person is primarily concerned with collecting accounting and financial data related to assets and liabilities gained and incurred by the various departments within BBRG. Perform ad-hoc analytics as required to drive the business.
Your Impact as Finance Director:
- Manage the US finance function, performance managing, coaching and developing as required.
- Provide clear leadership to the US finance team.
- Support to team members as and when required, helping them to focus / prioritize their efforts or behaviors
- Hold regular 1 to 1s with the team, set SMART objectives that are aligned to the wider business strategy. Regularly reviewing and updating them as required
- Develop succession and training plans as required
- Drive effective and efficient financial management of the US business, maintaining tight financial controls minimizing unexpected disruption to Company performance / results
- Review monthly accounts closely, providing the necessary business control and commentary as required, challenging performance where it does not align to wider business objectives
- Oversee and review the preparation of financial forecasts, ensuring all known costs / revenues are included and commentaries / bridges prepared clearly explaining variances
- Achieve reporting deadlines set by Bekaert and BBRG Group finance teams as required and to the level of accuracy expected
- Be accountable for presenting in a clear and transparent manger the monthly actual results, quarterly forecast updates and annual budget to the BBRG Exec, providing clear explanations bridging business performance against expectations
- Ensure financial compliance for the US business
- Ensure the US business complies with Bekaert accounting standards and update / amend business and accounting processes as future updates may require
- Oversee the statutory audit of the US businesses, delivering comment free audit reports
- Cooperate with periodic internal audits and be accountable for delivering the required actions
- Liaise closely with the central tax team and manage the US team to produce the required deliverables e.g. annual tax computations and RDEC submission
- Support US senior management team in implementing the strategic direction of the business
- Act as the finance business partner to the regional management team, presenting monthly financials, having an active input in discussions and decision making processes.
- Ensuring alignment to the Global business strategy through the local OGSM strategy deployment tool
- Ensure effective controls over cash and be responsible for the reporting of working capital, identifying inefficiencies, setting targets and leading initiatives to improve working capital ratios
- Closely monitor and manage working capital drivers with a thorough understanding of stock, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Promptly intervening to minimize adverse impacts such as customer overdues
- Safeguarding divisional assets through effective authorization and control procedures
- Review and approve capital expenditure requests in line with budget / forecasts, the wider business strategy and approvals matrix
- Ensure controls / procedures are complied with, accurate maintenance of the fixed asset register within SAP and disposals are approved in advance
- Demonstrate the Bekaert values & 8 key leadership behaviors in all interactions with stakeholders and by taking accountability for providing solutions and delivering on Company commitments
- Have a strong and composed leadership manner, be visible within the wider business, leading by example and having an approachable style
- Have good communication skills, interfacing with Bekaert and BBRG Group functions as required
- Focus on Quality
- By maintaining :
- A good working knowledge of specific role requirements (as shown below)
- A sound understanding of specific job-related standards (as shown below)
- Understanding of the role’s internal relationship with other roles/processes
- Effective team management
- To identify and action continuous improvement opportunities (e.g. systems, ways of working) within Finance processes and procedures.
- Have a good understanding of all finance processes and system interfaces (SAP / Avalon) in the US
- Manage and drive the team to continue to improve and develop existing systems, eliminating inefficiencies
Essential skills & competences
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting, Finance or related discipline. CPA and Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results. Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures. In depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- MS Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word, Powerpoint, Outlook. Preferred but not required: AS400 System, Adaptive Insights, Qlikview, SAP, Data Manipulation/Analysis
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environments. Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills, Awareness of business trends, Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines, Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees. Highly organized and efficient, strong communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The individual will need to be extremely flexible and comfortable with a fast paced, competing deadline environment. Must be confident in their ability to work independently and as part of a team, needs can-do, must win attitude. Ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running, the individual needs to have solid (minimum 5+ years) experience, a mix of public and private industry is preferred. Proven ability to own responsibilities, manage deadlines and achieve results required.
Why join us?
At Bekaert, we are on a journey to establish the new possible. And to achieve this, we need passionate people that are eager to grow beyond their capabilities. We want people that are brave and willing to explore the unknown, even if it means failing sometimes. People that are ready to bring their whole self to work and are not afraid of expressing their opinions but also value the power of synergies, different perspectives & team spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about Bekaert visit us:
You grow, we grow… Better together. Bekaert offers continuous development opportunities.
Location: Hanover, PA
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 01:06:17 GMT