Job title: FEMA-Document Validation Specialist (DVS)-Travel, USA
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Job description: Document Validation Specialist-Travel, USA
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. Cherokee Nation 3S (CN3S) provides support, services and solutions to federal and commercial customers. CN3S takes a personalized approach to solving clients’ toughest challenges, helping you make the most of your skills. This approach gives customers the support they deserve and the quality they expect from a team that can handle every detail – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation 3S is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com
We are seeking a qualified individuals to work closely with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support citizens and first responders to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, and recover from and mitigate all emergency hazards.
FEMA’s mission is to support citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards. Within FEMA, the Office of Response and Recovery (ORR) provides guidance, leadership and oversight to build, sustain, and improve the coordination and delivery of support to citizens and State, local, Tribal and Territorial governments to save lives, reduce suffering, protect property and recover from all hazards. As part of ORR, the Recovery Directorate provides survivors and communities recovering from disasters with grants and resources that are easy to access, simple to understand, and outstanding in their helpfulness. The Recovery Directorate’s Public Assistance (PA) Division has the specific mission of providing assistance to applicants (State, Tribal and local governments) and certain types of Private Nonprofit (PNP) organizations so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ideal background includes technical experience in the design and/or construction of public infrastructure.
- Valuable skill types and experience include: engineers, architects, cost estimators, construction inspectors/managers.
- Candidates with an accounting/financial background may be suitable as well.
- Draft, prepare, and review quotes, bids, and reports for construction related projects.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Travel required to remote locations for long-term project work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in a related field of study.
- FEMA Public Assistance and/or Consolidated Resource Center (CRC) experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft® Office suite of software in particular MS Word®, MS Excel®, and MS Access®.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly in English, and able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must be capable of working independently or as a team as circumstances dictate.
- Must possess and maintain a driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a federal background check and a drug screen.
- TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
The duties of this position are performed 50% in a climate controlled office environment and 50% in the field. Long-term travel assignments are mandatory.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [email protected] for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [email protected] .
Please do not send email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:23:53 GMT