Job title: Farmington Hills | USA Technical Project Lead – Wireless Experienced professionals 05.08.2022
Company: Huf Group
Job description: We are a leading developer and manufacturer of mechanical and electronic locking systems as well as car access and authorization systems for the global automotive industry. Founded in 1908 in Velbert, Germany, we are an independent, family-owned company with around 7,300 employees at locations in Europe, America and Asia and achieved sales of around EUR 1 billion in the financial year 2021.
We are searching for an experienced automotive project lead engineer with demonstrated product development experience, electrical background preferred
A Technical Project Lead (TPL) is responsible for leading an engineering team through the development of automotive door access systems and electronic modules. This position functions as the Chief Technology Officer CTO of a development project to ensure the development follow the V-Model process and schedule, and is required to coordinate with the Project Manager who is the Chief Executive Officer CEO of a development project and to lead the engineering developers from each of the disciplines.
This position will primarily be focused on developing Wireless Access and Locking deploying Bluetooth Low Energy BLE, Ultra-Wideband UWB and keyless entry technologies.
- Product development responsible for a project.
- Contribution to the achievement of the overall project targets.
- Responsible for management and coordination of all product development (PD) deliverables of a project.
- Responsible for PD part of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPCs) and Request for Changes (RfCs) evaluation and fulfillment / tracking the PD project budget.
- Responsible for the correct, timely and cost effective planning of all required PD project activities.
- Being in line with the project time schedule.
- Technical interface to the customer to represent the product development team
- Technical interface to suppliers and other third parties
- Definition and tracking of release plan
Essential Functions: * Lead the engineering team in the development for door access related products
- Support the project manager regarding PD issues
- Contribute to the definition of the acquisition strategy and its implementation
- Plan and coordinate the PD activities, defines PD team meetings
- Create and manage PD time schedule and ensure alignment with Master Timetable in every project core team meeting
- Define the PD strategy and create the feature release plan (in alignment with build plan)
- Define required PD team and ensure participation in project core team meeting if required
- Decide in the design reviews about the release of the product design
- Contribute to test readiness review
- Communicate with the customer with respect to technical details
- Coordinate to the vehicle integration test (in alignment with customer)
- Support successful transition from development phase to industrialization/launch (design to production)
- Proactively communicate all internal and external change requests (RfC) in project team meetings
- Coordinate the application of the quality assurance methods for development
- Contribute to the quality assurance methods for development
- Monitoring of PD work products
Bachelor of Science BS/ Master of Science MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in automotive industry in the field of Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related roles.
- 2 years of experience in leading development teams
- 3 years of experience with Ultra-Wideband UWB or Bluetooth Low Energy BLE or Near Field Communication NFC or Digital Key Systems
- Possess base knowledge of car access, locksets, and immobilization technology.
- Possess knowledge of electrical engineering, system engineering and requirements engineering.
- Proven experience utilizing IBM Rational DOORs or similar requirement management tools.
- Knowledge of the following: Microsoft MS Project and milestone tracking, ISO-26262, Automotive Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination SPICE processes, V-model development, Design failure mode and effect analysis DFMEA, Design Verification Plan and Report DVPR, electronics, mechanics and software integration as well as industrialization and design for mass production.
- Experience with Local Interconnect Network LIN, Controller Area Network CAN, ISO9141 driver interfaces preferred
- Experience with fault detection and diagnostics strategies preferred
- Experience with microcontrollers preferred
- Knowledge of exterior door handle products is a strong desire
- Knowledge of capacitive sensing and/or Radio Frequency RF/Low Frequency LF products is a strong desire
- Experience with ANSYS and Micro-Cap Simulation Tools is a plus
- Familiar with 6 sigma tools is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally for training
- Full comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
Huf North America Automotive Parts Manufacturing, Corp.
395 T. Elmer Cox Drive
Greeneville, TN 37743
Activate Google Maps
Activate Google Maps to display an interactive map. Data is transmitted to Google in the process.
Huf North America (Farmington Hills)
24860 Hathaway Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48335, USA
+1 248699 0800
Further job offers
Security question: Please enter „Huf“ into the following field*
The input helps uns to filter spam messages. Please enter the word „Huf“ exactly like this (without quotation marks) into the field. Thank you.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 22:32:11 GMT