Job title: Drupal – Web Developer-Mid Level – USA-Remote
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Suitability: No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)
Job Family: Web Development
General Dynamics IT is seeking a Drupal Full Stack Web Developer to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI). This position is part of an agile scrum development team supporting the NCEI’s effort to consolidate its web pages into a modern, unified presence. This development team also works in the context of the broader Data Access Branch (DAB) to assist with the UI/UX for web applications providing search, discovery, and access to scientific datasets and products. The position will work with teams across various geographical locations who will be able implement UI/UX in the Drupal CMS, and contribute to larger projects that require some backend development work.
- BS + 4 – 8 years experience required or 8+ years total experience.
- Drupal experience (Drupal 9 a plus)
- Experience with front-end development writing HTML/CSS by hand
- Experience building pages, templates, and components based on existing design systems
- Comfortable working with the command line within a LAMP stack environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and PHP)
- Proficiency with PHP
- Familiar with Bash scripting
- Familiar with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Skilled at collaborating with other teams, and gathering requirements for requests from internal partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen / Sponsorship not Available / No Green Cards
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience designing and theming using Drupal 8 Twig framework
- Experience with Composer and Drush
- Experience working in a small team of developers
- Familiarity with 508c/WCAG compliance and accessibility
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Remote
Work Location: USA GA Home Office (GAHOME)
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 01:09:03 GMT