Job title: Director of Operations – Technical Services, USA
Company: Spark Power
Job description: Director of Operations – Technical Services, USA
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Director of Operations oversees the operational activities of their assigned region and communicates the strategic direction of the company, ensuring that it is consistent for all branches.
Here’s what you will do as the Director of Operations – Technical Services, USA
- Foster a continuous improvement and “only zero is acceptable” safety culture.
- Drive safety accountability through each of the branches and ensure compliance with safety KPIs.
- Based on mandated financial and operational targets, produce a budget that shows your region exceeding the targets including all necessary expenses required to achieve the targets.
- Review and approve budgets against the longer-term plan. Ensure revenue, margin, net income, and sales backlog and pipeline are all aligned with the long-term plan.
- Effectively assign strategic objectives for branch/department personnel for the fiscal year. Seek opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and prepare them for career advancement.
- Develop and achieve new corporate initiatives.
- Analyze results of work performed, market trends, customer requests, corporate operations and identified gaps and formulate recommendations for senior leadership.
- Oversee quote list – monitor and ensure that all quotes are accurate in terms of expected chance of winning, price and dates. Consistently review the quote statistics and share best practices.
- Perform branch and department audits as required.
- Employee Performance Management – measure workforce effectiveness, create objectives, deliver performance reviews, and address performance gaps.
- Perform regular financial reviews – use budgets and forecasts to monitor and evaluate performance, ensuring compliance with corporate objectives.
- Oversee sales and marketing activities.
- Review and adjust the annual strategic sales plan.
- Analyze the succession map to identify upcoming promotions or training opportunities.
- Manage or provide oversight on multiple and/or large projects while maintaining correct controls.
- Ensure the quality management program is in place and effective.
- Provide professional development for employees through, coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Provide technical training to other Company employees as needed.
- Develop and cultivate business relationships aligned with the Company’s mission statement in the assigned region.
- Implement projects defined in the marketing plan to generate new business.
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Experience – 10-12 years of progressive leadership experience is required.
- Experience in commercial and industrial service, construction or Engineering is preferred.
- University Degree or College Diploma is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to travel through the US and to Oakville, Ontario corporate HQ as needed.
- Highly computer proficient: Full MS Office Suite, CRM, ERP, NetSuite experience is an asset.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands and processes complex information and exercises sound judgement, considering the situation, the issues the key players and levels of authority involved. Proposes course of action that further the objectives, priorities, and vision of organization.
- Business Perspective – Continuously develops ideas for positioning the organization for long-term success.
- Planning and Organizing – Determines and communicates objectives, priorities and strategies that provide direction for the organization.
- Creativity & Innovation – Thrives on creating new ideas, solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges.
- Decision Making – Makes decisions by weighing several factors, some of which are partially defined or missing critical information.
- Team Leadership – Creates an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity.
- Visioning and Alignment – Supports, promotes and ensures alignment with the organization’s vision and values
- Change Management – Supports, implements and initiates’ change while helping others deal with the transition.
- Communication – Overcomes resistance and secures support for ideas or initiatives through high-impact communication.
- Regional Managers
- Branch Managers
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.
What we offer our employees:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial project and customer base
- Continuous training and professional development, including fully paid training at SparkU!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages plus incentive plans
- Excellent benefit package (medical, dental, vision, wellness spending account)
- Corporate discount programs
- RRSP match program
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Fun, inclusive and diverse company culture
- Employee contests, events, parties and community activities
….and much more
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sun, 29 May 2022 07:37:21 GMT