Job title: Department Specialist -Bakery/Deli – 1059 “C” Street, Galt, CA 95632 USA
Company: Save Mart Supermarkets
Job description: About Us:
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation – the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Department Specialist -Bakery/Deli – 1059 “C” Street, Galt, CA 95632 USA
The Bakery Department Specialist ensures that our customers’ needs are met and exceeded by delivering remarkable customer service and providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. The Bakery Department Specialist is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and practicing safe food handling procedures. This position supports the Bakery department by performing tasks such as greeting and assisting customers with questions, promoting sales within the department, preparing, packaging, labeling, and merchandising products, maintaining department standards, and assisting customer requests and special orders. This specialist handles all products in a safe, sanitary manner and keeps all areas and equipment of the department clean.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide customers with a remarkable shopping experience by greeting and thanking customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner, answering questions, responding to customer requests for bakery products, accurately placing special orders and offering suggestions for event planning
- Receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment and quality
- Weigh, wrap/package and label products for display; stock and rotate products and merchandise for sale to maintain freshness and product appeal; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and maintain the lowest supply cost
- Maintain knowledge of bakery products and ad items in order to offer customers with product suggestions and provide direction of product location in department
- Prepare various baked foods according to company guidelines, ensuring proper food handling and safety
- Communicate customer requests to department management
- Follow all department procedures
- Operate appropriate department equipment and tools
- Keep work areas and equipment clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management; follow established sanitation and safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Product ordering, inventory control, bakery operations, merchandising, sales techniques, and department management
· Learn and retain policies and procedures, make decisions, lead and instructs team members, recognize sale trends and indicators, work within and promote a team environment,
· Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations
· Knowledge of and ability to use, strategies, practices, and tools for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the completion in a retail environment.
· Excellent communication skills in order to ensure excellent customer service; outgoing, friendly and able to interact effectively at all levels across diverse cultures; ability to read, write and count
· Baking and decorating techniques, food safety practices
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
Experience: Six months of related experience. Previous bakery and cake decorating experience
Other: Must be available to work a variety of required retail hours; must be able to operate equipment used in the department (oven, scales, label machine, etc.)
Physical: Basic store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
· Customer Focus
· Quality/Quantity of Work
· Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Location: Galt, CA
Job date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 22:32:30 GMT