Job title: Database Administrator 3 (Database Technology) -Maryland Heights, MO USA
Company: Cogent Infotech
Job description: Job Description
ABOUT COGENT INFOTECH
For over 19 years, Cogent InfoTech has been an equal opportunity employer that thrives on and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. Our policy reflects and affirms the company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices. We value our candidates’ individuality, experience, expertise, and opinions in championing a culture of change and innovation.
Job Title: Database Administrator 3 (Database Technology Remote
Location: Maryland Heights, MO USA
Duration: 12 month possibility of extension
Position Comments: 100% Remote
· Designs, develops and maintains databases.
· Collaborate with project managers, subject master experts, and software engineers to architect and model data structures, and implement complex data schemas in support of business applications.
· Performs database development tasks in all areas of software/application development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, SQL development in support of data services, and problem resolution.
· Monitors performance trends to identify and correct problems.
· Solutions, A Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems. We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Solutions designs and develops system for internal use, and supports over 85 defence, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries.
· Solutions Global Services BGS is seeking a Mid-Level Database Developer in Maryland Heights, MO.
· The focus of this position is on, database analysis, design, implementation and testing to meet business requirements in a team-oriented software development environment.
· In this role you will be part of a small team that is connecting people, processes and data across supply chain.
· You will be a key player on an agile software team implementing new functionality and providing technical support for Supply Chain Analysis/Reporting System (SCARS.)
· You will work closely with subject matter experts and management to inspire and create innovative cross-functional business integration solutions transforming commercial and Department of Defence supply chain.
· SCARS is web-based software suite providing Enterprise Resource Planning capabilities by aggregating and sharing data across various organizations (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, finance, etc.).
· SCARS is a central data-fusion system and business integration tool merging Finance and Supply Chain planning and execution tools to provide visibility and situational awareness to critical. decision makers throughout the value stream. Proactively anticipate future process and integration opportunities.
· In this role, you will collaborate with project managers, subject master experts, and software engineers to architect and model data structures, and implement complex data schemas in support of business applications.
· You will perform database development tasks in all areas of software/application development lifecycle, including independent analysis and problem resolution.
· As a key member of the development team you will collaborate on system architecture and software design; implement the database design with a keen focus on quality and testing.
· You will define and deploy best practices for database design and development activities including creation of services, queries, functions, and stored procedures to support application development.
· This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Maryland, Heights, MO.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· Experience with relational databases design and management.
· Experience with database development MS SQL or Oracle.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
· 3 years of experience in database architecture and design.
· 3 years of experience providing database support on an application development team; obtaining and analysing real-world requirements, designing the data and functions of the system, and implementing the operations in the system.
· Experience with application and database modernization leveraging cloud and container technologies like Azure SQL, Cabernets, Dockers, etc.
· Experience with the CM, Test and IA processes generally associated with deploying production web-based business solutions.
· Experience deploying and maintaining databases in a cloud environment.
· Experience with web technologies and languages such as Java (web developer).
· Experience in data warehouse design and implementation
· Able to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software application development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
Typical Education & Experience:
· Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor’s) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master’s) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience, 9 years related work experience.
Thanks & Regards
Bhawna Aggrawal | VMS Admin
1035 Boyce Road, Suite 108, Pittsburgh PA 15241
Tel: Direct :+1 (412) 879-2146 | Ext- 870
Fax: 412 774 1515
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 00:36:43 GMT