Job title: Commercial Counsel – USA
Company: Specialized Bicycle Components
Job description: Are you ready for a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? To strengthen our legal department, we are seeking a Commercial Counsel (USA) to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and leading internal stakeholders in US-based commercial legal matters, including advising on marketing, advertising, real estate, shipping, logistics, distribution, e-commerce, M&A, regulatory, and consumer protection issues and agreements; negotiating and drafting agreements and templates; advising and implementing practices and procedures to ensure a consistent level of company performance; and proactively managing a broad range of matters as a trusted advisor, leader and business partner across all levels of the Company’s USA operations and business. This role will be a valued member of the collegial legal team.
How you’ll make a difference
- Advise and implement practices to ensure a consistent level of company performance concerning legal, commercial, and regulatory matters in relation to Specialized’s US-based operations
- Support legal, organizational, and administrative issues throughout the Company’s US-based operations and business
- Handle, negotiate, and draft commercial agreements and other agreements and templates
- Investigate and analyze factual situations and problem solve at a high level, including negotiations in conjunction with the Company’s US-based business and administrative leaders
- Mentor and advise teammates on legal matters at a strategic and tactical level across a broad range of topics related to the Company’s US-based business operations
- Proactively and simultaneously manage a broad range of matters (marketing, advertising, real estate, shipping, logistics, vendor contracts, employment, commercial, distribution, e-commerce, regulatory, consumer protection) as a trusted advisor and business partner across all levels of the organization’s USA operations and business
- Manage special, high-profile, and confidential projects
What you need to win
- 4 to 6 years of commercial, corporate, or other relevant legal experience, including experience drafting, negotiating, and managing a wide variety of commercial agreements and issues
- Admission to a state bar
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- A combination of law firm experience and in-house experience is strongly preferred
- Strong team player with organizational, interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills as well as good judgment
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, and able to set and juggle priorities while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent and proactive way of working paired with a high level of self-motivation to perform duties with a high level of professionalism
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Capacity to cultivate strong client relationships and successfully influence teammates in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Ability to drive legal strategies for the company and independently initiate new assignments and identify ways to improve process and operations
Location: Role may be based in Morgan Hill, California or remote. Particular preference will be given to candidates located near a metropolitan area of one of our other US-based locations including Boulder, Colorado and Salt Lake City, Utah.
What we offer: We are a dynamic and multicultural team within an innovative and growing environment. You can look forward to a modern working space, lunch rides, a hybrid workplace- and many other benefits.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.
Job date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 02:44:50 GMT