Job title: AVP Underwriting – Tempest Re USA
Job description: Chubb Tempest Re USA
Located in Stamford, Connecticut, we sell property & casualty treaty reinsurance products to domestic insurance companies and alternative risk vehicles. We reinsure diverse & unique client portfolios that offer our underwriting & claims professionals exposure to all types of interesting structures & risks.
We are seeking to hire an Assistant Vice President Level Underwriter who can contribute to the growth of our underwriting operation. The position requires a technical underwriting foundation with an intermediate understanding of insurance & reinsurance concepts. We empower our underwriters to take initiative. Chubb Tempest Re is a merit based culture focused on delivering a sustainable and profitable risk portfolio as well as offering our clients and brokers outstanding service
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicit, underwrite, & produce treaty reinsurance portfolios of business
- Create a network of relationships with reinsurance brokers & insurance company decision makers
- Perform data analytics, underwriting audits, & research & development on held and prospective books of business
- Work collaboratively with underwriting, actuarial, claims, & finance teams
Major Job Requirements
- A minimum of 7 years of casualty and/or professional liability underwriting experience. Casualty reinsurance underwriting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of policy language, policy structure, exposure analysis, original pricing.
- Comprehension of basic actuarial science & reinsurance concepts
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Location: Stamford, CT
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 01:24:16 GMT