Job title: Assistant General Counsel
Job description: Job Description
Assistant General Counsel (Office of Integrity and Compliance)
Infosys Limited is seeking for an experienced legal professional to join the Americas Legal team – Office of Integrity and compliance. The position is designed to be key member of the Legal Department with diverse legal skill sets. The candidate will work with highly skilled members of the legal team to provide legal & compliance solutions to business.
Independent Experience in the following areas: * Own, implement & adopt Infosys Compliance and Integrity Plan for with Global and regional reach comprised of seven pillars of efficient and effective corporate compliance program.
- Provide opinion on applicable regulations specifically regarding Export Controls and Sanctions regulations across the globe.
- Achieves corporate compliance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to Compliance & Integrity Plan & its reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing changes
- Review and improve whistleblower systems, employee feedback mechanisms in close collaboration with HR
- Provide advice on compliance topics to local stakeholders
- Interpret new regulations and laws by reviewing and analyzing proposed and adopted state legislation and regulations
- Proactively derive policy administration, trainings and regular communications.
- Effectively handle complaints & investigations and remediation process.
- Excellent collaboration with various functions like facilities & infra, govt. relations, finance & HR and sales & delivery functions to assist in Infosys expansion agenda.
- Advice on public policy, working closely with the Govt. relations team
- Supports company positions by developing company responses and defenses to complaints, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising executive management team on needed actions.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively identify legal solutions to solve complex business issues and advise internal customer with precise and clear counsel.
- Basic Qualifications:
A minimum of 14 years’ legal work experience after law school graduation. * JD from an accredited law school; with strong academic performance with relevant experience as compliance counsel
- Must be a member of a State Bar
- U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance from one of these locations – Richardson TX, Lisle IL, Indianapolis IN, New York NY, San Francisco CA, Hartford CT, Bridgewater NJ. Flexibility to work in hybrid model
- Travel expectation: upto 15% (Post covid)
- Currently the position is able to work remote/virtual from home
Required skills: * Extensive report development experience and policy and procedure development experience in a multinational environment with cultural and ethnic diversity;
- Experience in public speaking and business presentation;
- Knowledge of IT industry regulatory standards including Anti-Corruption, Anti-Trust, Trade Controls etc.
- Independent project management skills;
- Excellent analytical, communication skills;
- Acceptability to innovative approach;
- Handling change management.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email, or face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
5317AGCAST Assistant General Counsel
Assistant General Counsel
Domain(IBPM)|Legal Process Management|Legal Research, Content, Publishing and Compliance Professional – Competent
Location: Richardson, TX
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 01:46:11 GMT