Job title: Aircraft Mechanic I – Ordnance P3/C
Company: Centra Technology
Job description: Job Description:
The Aircraft Mechanic I Ordnance Technician P3/C-130 is required to perform organizational level maintenance on assigned aircraft under contract to Amentum, Point Mugu, CA.
- Utilize Maintenance Instruction Manuals, Maintenance Requirement Cards, Illustrated Parts Breakdown Manuals and related diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Duties are the service, repair, troubleshooting, inspection and rigging on applicable aircraft armament equipment, bomb release units, aircraft monitor and control sets, pylons, launching adapters, sonobuoy launchers, pyrotechnic ejectors/dispensers and air compressors.
- Maintain ordnance stores/devices and performance of systems/checks as required.
- Must have knowledge of armament electrical systems, pneumatic systems and cartridge actuated devices handling procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government safety standards, has thorough knowledge of flight line operation and procedures.
- Familiar with associated electromechanical interfaces.
- Cleans, repairs, and modifies, as necessary, launchers associated with multi-weapons and missile firing systems.
- Performs launcher and firing circuit maintenance air launch pre and post flight checks.
- May require On the Job Training (OJT)/qualifications on other aircraft as operational commitments dictate. Maintains required logs and records.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position in accordance with NAVAIRINST 3710.1 series and OPNAVINST 8023.24 series.
- Position regularly requires standing, walking, use of hands and fingers to handle, grip or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces.
- Ladder work and working at heights at or above 40 feet is required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Able to work in outside weather conditions on aircraft flight line/ramp.
- Qualify to operate support equipment (SE) for flight line operations. Position requires thorough knowledge of flight line operations procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government and OSHA safety standards. Perform preventative maintenance duties as determined by written and verbal instructions.
- Shall interact with other groups/personnel within and outside of the department to resolve related problems.
- Comply with all applicable sections of CNAFINST 4790.2, NAVAIRINST 3710.1 Series and Amentum Local Site Procedures as applicable to aircraft maintenance. Ensures work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Comply with all OSHA and Amentum safety rules and regulations Perform related duties as assigned including any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shops/skills as required.
- Shall have not less than 3 years USN/USMC/USCG O-level CNAFINST 4790.2 Series on similar aircraft to be maintained, or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience as an Ordnance Lead Team Member.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with Organizational Maintenance Level Aviation Ordnance handling.
- Shall have documented experience with aircraft conventional ordnance, ordnance launching mechanisms, basic upload/download procedures, armament loaders and associated special aviation weapons support equipment and general aviation support equipment.
- Shall be certifiable to supervise conventional/experimental ordnance loading procedures.
- Shall be able to evaluate developmental/interim loading/downloading procedures checklists.
- Shall be able to maintain all required records to meet Navy standards for “O” level ordnance shops.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any company/government required qualifications, certifications, or clearance.
- Required to obtain a Govt. issued Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able work all assigned shifts & schedules.
- Preferred to have not less than 3 years T/M series aircraft maintenance experience for the aircraft hired to maintain.
- Travel may be required.
Location: Point Mugu, CA
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 01:58:23 GMT