Job title: Aircraft Maint Mgr P3/C-130/E-2D
Company: Centra Technology
Job description: Job Description:
The successful Aircraft Maintenance Manager performs organizational level maintenance on assigned aircraft under contract to Amentum, Point Mugu, CA.
- Monitors and maintains documents of all aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Plans and coordinates all aircraft inspections (special, conditional, phase, etc.).
- Dispatch and monitoring of all assigned tasks and associated jobs to work centers.
- Keeps Maintenance Officer briefed on Aircraft status at all times.
- Keeps the COR briefed on all contract requirements.
- Works closely with the Operations Department to ensure Aircraft are available to meet the Flight Schedule.
- Able to monitor the NALCOMIS system to report all work performed.
- Work with Navy established five (5) part Visual Information Display System (VIDS).
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports in support of aircraft long range maintenance requirements.
- Maintains Aircraft Discrepancy Books showing completed as well as outstanding maintenance actions.
- Ensures all required maintenance has been performed before flights.
- Brief and de-brief of pilots as required, assisting in the documentation of aircraft flight times and maintenance discrepancies.
- Comply with all current sections of the NAVAIRINST 3710.1(series) and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series as applicable to aircraft maintenance.
- Maintains aircraft historical records, as well as various other aircraft files in support of aircraft maintenance.
- Verification of all Maintenance Action Documentation prior to submission to the Navy, working closely with Logs and Records trying to ensure timely submission into 3M data systems and required logbook entries.
- Corrects and re-submits all Naval generated reports by 3M data system.
- Responsible for mission configuration, working with various civil service work centers with uploads and systems checks as required.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all safety rules and regulations are observed.
- May work with other groups or personnel to resolve problems.
- Will instruct and assist in training of lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Performs related duties as assigned including any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shops/skills as required, may reassign contract personnel between work centers as needed to support the daily flight schedule requirements.
- Maintenance Control Manager ensures each shop performs a written pass down between shifts, to be annotated in a shop logbook. These logbooks shall be shared with the Government upon request. Tasks personnel, as needed, in transporting pilots to the CALA and other hangars when Govt. personnel are not available.
- Knowledgeable of technical directives and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series. Knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures.
- Possess working knowledge of applicable aircraft.
- The Maintenance Control Manager documents in writing (daily within 6 hours of receipt) to GMR with status/progress report of Government issued scheduled maintenance priorities. The GMR will provide the maintenance priorities twice a day.
- Must have aircraft maintenance experience with either P3, C-130, or E-2D aircraft.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Possess an extensive background in the field of aircraft maintenance and material support with a minimum of 15 years of experience with 10 years of the last 15 years in direct aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification. Of the ten years of experience in aircraft maintenance, six years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Must have experience supervising daily flight operations personnel supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- A minimum of one year in a maintenance/production control position.
- Experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Shall be required to maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Required to obtain a Govt. issued Common Access Card (CAC).
- Shall possess or can qualify for a U.S. states driver’s license.
- Must be able to work all assigned shifts & schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline is highly preferred.
- Travel may be required
Location: Point Mugu, CA
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 23:20:23 GMT