Job title: Acquisition Analyst
Company: Koniag Government Services
Job description: Tuknik Government Services, a Koniag Government Services company, is seeking an experienced Acquisition Analyst with a Public trust Clearance to support TGS and our government customer in Fort Collins, CO. This is a Hybrid remote telecommute position. The salary range is 100K-110K.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Acquisition Analyst will primarily support the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) duties within the Federal Government and will serve as our primary subject matter expert for the full acquisition life cycle. The Acquisition Analyst will provide advice, recommendations, and support for the maintenance and development of acquisition strategies in accordance with USDA department and agency procedures including approaches, options, strategies, risks, sources, cost estimates, milestone schedules, etc.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
The Acquisition Analyst will assist with the following:
- Strong skill in developing and writing contract documents such as Statements of Work (SOW) and Statement of Objectives (SOO)
- Develop and translate complex IT requirements into actionable acquisition packages
- Extensive experience reading contracts and analyzing them
- Strong knowledge of how to conduct and utilize market-based research on vendors
- Excellent experience in working with the government program staff to conduct needs analysis and develop requirements for contracts
- Ability to provide guidance on how to evaluate proposals
- Good organizational skills to maintain records of progress and performance
- Skilled at monitoring contractor performance
- Skilled at making recommendations to leadership related to contracts and performance
- Documented business acumen and communication skills to maintain stakeholder relationships, communicate with program staff, and perform risk management related to contracts.
- Experience at assisting the Contracting Officer (CO) in the development of an acquisition strategy
- Understands contract financing and methods of payment
- Knowledge of the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Assist with the preparation of ENS Acquisition Approval Requests (AAR), contract modifications (e.g., option years) and other related documents. Includes assisting with researching and drafting specifications and standards, including developing performance measures, and coordinating requirements documents, to include development of source selection evaluation criteria.
- Track and monitor each acquisition package and will perform a thorough quality review to ensure it is technically accurate, meets USDA department and agency guidelines and monitor the timeliness and quality of all ENS acquisition packages from initial planning to execution.
- Advise and assist project and program managers as needed in developing the appropriate criteria for examining alternative approaches to satisfying requirements, such as criteria for costs, schedules, benefits, risks, impact on or from other projects.
- Conduct post award ENS contract reviews to identify risks associated with on-going contracts and develop mitigation strategies for identified risks.
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) activities to include identification of QA criteria, surveillance approaches, QA surveillance activities and checklists, and support USDA staff in executing QA review and documentation
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Science or closely related field
- U. S. Citizen with ability to obtain an MBI Public Trust Clearance
- 10+ Years supporting federal acquisitions/procurements
- Former Contracting Officer Representative (COR) or contractor equivalent a PLUS
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Must be a self-starter that can recognize needs and act with little to no guidance.
- Able to rapidly understand and apply new concepts.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced MS Word skills; proficient PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook application skills.
- Must be able to obtain a govt sponsored Public Trust
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
About our Company:
Offering innovative and cutting-edge IT, Environmental Resource Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government Services is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC 8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of Koniag Inc.’s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.
EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Expected salary: $100000 – 110000 per year
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 05:41:59 GMT