Job title: 3M HIS Java Software Engineer- REMOTE USA
Job description: Job Description:
3M HIS Java Software Engineer – REMOTE USA
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, executive vice president, chief technology officer and environmental responsibility at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Java Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Designing, coding, and debugging software that integrates with our Natural Language Processing (NLP) based medical coding services.
- Applying Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and principles to software development.
- Working with other software engineers, clinical analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members and stakeholders to design and build required components.
- Work with deep learning experts to incorporate, test, and maintain machine learning models in our software.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) and six (6) years experience in developing enterprise applications
- Two (2) years Java experience (course work and internships considered)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computational / machine learning / informatics field from an accredited institution
- Experience with Natural Language Understanding/Processing, Machine Learning, and/or medical data
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems, development environments and tools
- Experience writing Python or Perl
- Good knowledge of regular expressions
- Experience in Web Services standards and coding, especially REST API based service development
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM based software development processes
- Must be a team player and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with AWS
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: REMOTE USA
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 22:13:53 GMT